Home About Me Disclaimer/PR Contact Me

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lifting The Lid: Glossybox 1st Anniversary Edition...

Good evening my lovelies, It's finally Friday, Yay!!

May marks the first Anniversary of Glossybox and to celebrate this the May Glossybox is a special Anniversary edition.

I personally can't believe Glossybox has been around for a year, it feels like only yesterday I was ripping open my first box, How time flies!
 Here is what I received in this months Glossybox...
 How pretty is this tissue paper?! I managed to save it & will be using it to wrap a present in the future =]
My box contained:

Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel - I know these shower gels can come in handy for traveling purposes but I'm getting bored of receiving one every month. I haven't tried this particular shower gel yet but it smells really masculine to me, I might give it to my boyfriend for our holiday.

Lolita Lempicka Perfume Samples - I know some people don't like receiving perfume samples but I personally don't mind them for slipping in my clutch on a night out. I probably wouldn't choose these perfumes myself or purchase the full sizes but they're not bad & I will use them.

Weleda Face Cream & Body Milk - I haven't tried this yet so I can't say too much but I'm always happy to try new skincare and look forward to giving this a go. 

Collection Lasting Colour Gel Liner - I was quite surprised to see this in my box & it was black, a colour I will actually use! I saw that a few people received the brown liner and I'm so glad I received the black. I'm a big gel liner fan & look forward to trying this out. 

HD Brows Brow Beater - I was SO happy when I saw this! I missed out on the first HD brows product that came with a Glossybox last year and have never lived it down. I'm a big fan of filling in my brows and it's an important part of my daily routine so this product is right up my street. I tried it this morning & I really liked it. I don't want to say too much yet but I will be posting a full review soon. 

Mirror & Balloon - With this being the Anniversary edition Glossybox included a mirror & balloon as bonus products. I'm really happy with the mirror, it's doubled sided with one side being a magnified mirror and it will be perfect for slipping in my handbag. The balloon was a really sweet touch and my nephew has enjoyed playing with it =]

Overall this box wasn't bad. It's certainly not my favourite box and I probably won't use all of the products but the HD brows product certainly made up for it.

What are yours thoughts on this months box?

Sarah xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it looks sooo great! If and when Glossy box makes it to Singapore, I'm subscribing for sure! Do update us on how the products work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this looks like a good one :) I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to open mine yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box! Everyone who received the HD Brows product seems so happy with it! I actually haven't seen anyone else get the gel eyeliner, so that seems nice to have been in your box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Holland we have other things in this box, funny to see how it looks at your place ;) I like this blog! Ps. From now on I follow you with bloglovin’, would you like to follow me back?

    ReplyDelete