Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Uni wear to office wear...

When you've spent the last three years heading out to lectures in hoodies and jeans, knowing how to dress for the working world can be something of a struggle. The bad news is that a hoody in an office is not going to go down well with the boss, but there are ways to convert your student closet into a professional wardrobe that works for you.
Switch your hoody for a simple black blazer. These tailored pieces work with everything from trousers to dresses and skirts, and have the power to smarten up an outfit in an instant. Find one to fit your newly grownup taste as well as the current trends from this season's women's jackets. Wear with a classic pencil skirt for a flattering and feminine take: experiment with colourful styles for a fun way to liven up your look.
A pair of black cigarette trousers are perfect for the office and make a great substitute for the leggings you loved in your uni days. Classy and flattering on all shapes they're a slim fit without being inappropriately tight. Choose a white blouse and pair with your blazer to create a sophisticated but youthful outfit.
Taking your first steps into the working world can be tricky enough without also worrying about what shoes to wear! It's time to say goodbye to those once-white-now-grubby-grey hi-tops that kept you company during those long winter seminars and embrace the court shoe. Working out your ideal heel height is a case of trial and error, but if you start off with a low style you can always work your way up from there. This isn't the student union club night, so five inch heels should be avoided: they may look amazing but your feet will be dead by the time it gets to five o'clock and the commute home!
Versatile pieces like blazers, cigarette trousers and court shoes can tidy up any outfit for work, so save those uni favourites for the weekends and say hello to office chic!

Sarah xx

15 comments:

  1. Great advice! Same thing happened to my sister, she was always so casual on college and BAM! One day she is the working place with a dress code:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a useful post! I'm the most laid back person about clothes and now I have to dress smart ! :D

    Asmaa || JustPeachy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! great advice, thanks!
    Follow each other?
    I'm a beginning fashion blogger check out my blog www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep up the nice work on the site. I love it. Could maybe use some more updates more often, but im quite sure that you got better or other stuff to do like we all do.
    Archery Games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good advice ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep up the nice work on the site. I love it. Could maybe use some more updates more often, but im quite sure that you got better or other stuff to do like we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥ Wow lovely blog you have, I was just browsing though & stumbled upon it - It's beyond beautiful with interesting posts. I'm following you via gfc now! Keep in touch x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely advice, I was happy when I was in uni with freedom with wear whatever I feel comfy in...At work...It's not as comfy...

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  10. LHPS Plumbing - boiler repair bromley are the experts to name for a wide range of home and commercial plumbing services to Croydon and the surrounding area, including CCTV drain inspections, installation of rainwater tanks, blocked drains and fuel service repairs. In case you are trying to discover a plumber from a good plumbing firm in an emergency, you will be glad to know that we now have a 24 hr plumbing staff for emergency plumbing services in Croydon, defending plumber croydon the complete of the Croydon Borough and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the useful post! Thank you for writing it :D It will help me a lot! :)

    I'm still a freshmen blogger, come to see and judge me a little by leaving a comment! http://shawsy.blogspot.com/2015/12/welcome-to-crete.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post, I really like your blog.
    Go through my blog and participate in the giveaway that is taking place on my blog.
    Love, Ana

    http://makeupanadias.blogspot.pt/2016/11/zaful-coupon.html

    ReplyDelete